SW10: Adventures of Lady Sherlock #1: The Report

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:50:21 PST 2012

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 03:26:10 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> The Adventures of Lady Sherlock:  The Report!
> Postlude to the Summer of Discontent

Wouldn't that be more of an epilogue?

> "Nope, sorry.  He ducked under the bushes.  And you wanted us to not
> flaunt."

Not *to* flaunt! *flaunts grammar skills*

> "Can we at least keep the meat from the sandwich he left behind?"
>
> "Yep.  Cut the parts he ate.  Bread too.  Scraps go in the compost.
> Bread in the pancake batter."

That seems a bit extreme, economy-wise.  Or is this another effect of the
long winter?

> ... Yeesh.  A flashback.  Lady Sherlock remembered being a waitress at
> Denny's, and shuddered.  Denny's was all she had for a while.  She'd
> finally found a job away from there, to support her son.  But here she
> was back in a kitchen.  In a camp.  As a counselor.  And she still had
> to make a report.  Incognito work sucked.  At least she could get coffee
> before the campers come in.  At least there was still coffee here.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I see...

> "It was this old guy named Major Terry!  He comes by the campground a
> lot.  Last night he talked a lot.  Ellipsis was hiding out inside him
> somehow!"
>
> "Yeesh.  One more power to put on my Ellipsis list...

Ellipsis-gardening, Ellipsis-mathematics, aluminum foil Ellipsis symbol...

> "Your old Earth actually had a Cyber-Strike force fighting *other*
> aliens four years ago!
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2007/others.htm#cyberstrike )

Cyber-Strike Ellipsis with Battle Damage Raptor Pack!  Each sold
separately!

> "But on the other hand, the Cyber-Strike depends on The Trillions
> showing obedience to whoever commands their master ship.  What if they
> learn disobedience?"

Hugh of Trillions?

> "It's never *easy*.  Every *first* superhuman has a nemesis.  Ellipsis
> and Mighty Tim were first *together* for you.  For both of them, there's
> Anvernacht.  Since then, Ellipsis has made pretty much *everyone* hate
> him at one time or another."

Honestly, Ellipsis may be my favorite SW character, beyond the VP.

> "Got it.  So I'll put it this way...  Mission accomplished.  Come on
> back, Agent Morgan."

Gasp!  ...I guess?

> I've actually been threatening to stop writing these stories for years -
> at least since 2006.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2006/me2006.htm#background )  But I
> kept getting more ideas for it...  Not any more.  I have just one plot
> thread waiting, and it just leads me deeper into the corner I've written
> myself into...  Back in 2002, I declared the end of the Superhuman World
> to be 2022.  (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/neverwas.htm#theend )
> Since then, I've kept confirming it.  So that's a dead end.

Hmmmmm... interesting.  Good luck!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, APOCALYPSE