RACCIES: Hall of Fame-- *record needle scratch*

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:11:46 PST 2012

Actually, wait a second.

The "secret ballot" method of nomination doesn't really work for the Hall
of Fame.  And you know why?

Because it's about history.  It's about honoring, not just the best of
what's going on right now, but the best of all time.

And there's a lot of people who don't know that history!  A lot of the new
authors we've picked up over the last few years, and even some of the older
ones, who haven't had the fortitude to dive to the depths of the Eyrie
archive.

Therefore, how about this?  Let's discuss what we'd like to see on the
ballot publically.  Let's talk about why the things we're nominating are
worth it, and why we should make that dive, and the pearls we'll find when
we get there.

Remember, the categories are:

HALL.OF.FAME1.  FAVORITE WRITER:

HALL.OF.FAME2.  FAVORITE SERIES:
As advertised, not as released:

HALL.OF.FAME3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
12 issues or less, including one-shots:

HALL.OF.FAME4.  FAVORITE ARC:
Any multi-issue storyline that is *not* HOF3 (include issue numbers, if
known):

HALL.OF.FAME5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:
Include a short blurb that identifies the issue:

HALL.OF.FAME6.  FAVORITE CHARACTER:

HALL.OF.FAME7.  FAVORITE CROSSOVER:

HALL.OF.FAME8.  FAVORITE CONTRIBUTOR:
A person who has contributed a lot to RACC or alt.comics.lnh.  Creating
imprints and characters, feedback, writing reviews, essays, managing the
archives or websites, starting flame wars, and so on:

...and there's a list of past winners at
http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/RACC_Hall_of_Fame .

What do you think, sirs?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, pondering!