LNH20: LNH20 Comics Presents #7: The Spoon of Destiny Saga Part 7

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 06:16:33 PST 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:27:24 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins wrote:

> A little more silver-age, but: how about The Cook Supreme?

...oh, man, even better, a name I came up with as a joke way back: The
Saucetaster Supreme!

> Trained by Zen-Chef monks in the hidden city of Sugary-La, he can reverse-
> engineer any recipe just by tasting the dish, and even then his version
> usually comes out better; he has an instinctive understanding of
> ingredients, the chemical and physical reactions of cooking, and all else
> involved in the art of cooking.

I wonder if this also gives him an understanding of burns, both offensively
and first-aid-ish-ly.

> Further, by looking into somebody's eyes,
> he can not only sense that person's usual tastes, but even momentary
> cravings and needs either due to mood or the body being in need of
> certain nutrients. People don't usually order; they walk by, say hello,
> and come back one hour later when they're hungry to find the best
> possible dish waiting for them.

Daaaaaaaaamn. XD Yes.

> He came to the West intending to be a sort of ambassador of Sugary-La.
> Arriving in Netropolis, the first version of the plan was to open a
> restaurant, but the process of trying to find a venue, register the
> business, buy equipment and furniture, sanitary inspection, and all that
> got him disillusioned with western capitalism and bureaucracy.

Ooooooh.  I love it.  Gives us a character archetype we haven't really had
yet: The person who's experienced utopia and wants to bring it to us.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron,