SW10: Powernaut 1954 #1: Kidnapped to Venus with Lady Wrestlers!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jan 11 17:51:58 PST 2012

On 1/11/2012 4:25 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:20:03 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> The Powernaut looks more and more like Dean Martin to me. In SW10, I
>> begin to think Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis got their big break in 1946
>> doing the first big-budget Powernaut movie featuring Le Resistant.
>
> I like it. XD
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, just couldn't help the Jerry
> Lewis/French connection, could ya.

No, I couldn't.  The "Escape from Berlin" panel of Powernaut 1941 just
looked too much like a Road movie, only with Dean Martin instead of Bing
Crosby.  Thus the fate of the Powernaut movie franchise was sealed.

Also, I owe RACC a retraction:  The finished version of Powernaut 1954
#1 was not done in 24 minutes, and is therefore not eligible for any
High Concept Challenge, especially not the current one.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.