LNH20: LNH20 Comics Presents #7: The Spoon of Destiny Saga Part 7

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Jan 9 19:28:19 PST 2012

On 1/8/2012 8:43 PM, Saxon Brenton wrote:

>       The kiwis were more than half a kilometre away when they heard
> the distant boom of the explosion.  They stared at each other, then
> with a frantic cry of "Kiwi!!!" dived for cover in a side corridor as
> the fireball expanded through this level of the sub-basement.

... Oooh, I think I see a nice place for a side exit.

>       Oh yeah.  The Recovery Man.  As I was writing the first scene I
> realised I was writing an expy of the assassin villain 9-Jack-9 from
> Scott McCloud's old _Zot_ comics (with perhaps a bit of visual influence
> from the Televillain from Alan Moore's _Supreme_).  He's a gentleman
> assassin whose main limitation comes from his Code of Conduct rather
> than how his powers work.

Ah, I know the one.  The first one, at least.  I'm way overdue to
re-read the adventures of the second one.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.