SW10/HCC: Powernaut 1954 #1: Kidnapped to Venus with Lady Wrestlers!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jan 7 00:20:04 PST 2012

Yeah, it turned out like the 24-minute preview.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1954.htm

This strip is intentionally raunchy. A market for stuff like this
actually existed in 1954.
(http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-hilariously-badass-magazine-covers-ever/)
  I'll go to the opposite extreme when the Comic Code kicks in for 1955.

Lady wrestlers of the 1950s might have wrestled according to script. But
they at least trained to wrestle, not just flop around on a mat and look
pretty. This strip will of course assume they fought for real.

The Powernaut looks more and more like Dean Martin to me. In SW10, I
begin to think Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis got their big break in 1946
doing the first big-budget Powernaut movie featuring Le Resistant.
(accent missing on purpose)  I'm still deciding about Dean Martin
Powernaut movies of the 1950s, but I'm guessing "Powernaut vs.
Kidnappers from Venus in 3-D" nearly wrecked his career. Let's see what
it does for mine. Fortunately, I have a day job.

(signed) Scott Eiler, 7 Jan 2012.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.