[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #27: To Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Back Again, Part 3

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jan 5 18:19:23 PST 2012

Hey, I still don't see your answer on the news group, Wil!  So I'll get
going without that...

On 1/4/2012 7:21 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:
> On 2012-01-04, at 8:34 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> ... but if the Devil is in the prison, what's he doing here?
>
> Around issue 3 or 4, Devil (D1) describes how Wizard killed him. Being
> evil and from hell, when he died, he went to Double-Hell (H2). ...
>
> D2 apparently suspected some sort of treachery and made a *third*
> contract the *next* devil up/down (D4?). And supposed D3 *also*
> suspected hijinks and made a deal with yet *another* devil, (D5?). And
> it's possible that D5 has done the same? Oi.
>
> When they all ended up doing this isn't really that important. I think
> it might even be funnier if the whole legalese and timing/order of it
> all doesn't actually make sense if you think about it too hard :P The
> joke is that when D2 renegaded on the first contract, it caused a
> chain reaction that landed a plethora of devils trapped in
> Quinto-Hell. Originally I was going to make it Octo-Hell, but "quinto"
> sounded cooler and I didn't want to think up scenes/gags for eight levels.

Oooh, that's a good plot to kick off a trip to Hell.  8{D>

> Now, technically, the original contract, the one that started it all,
> is *still* valid assuming D2 actually goes through with the Wizard
> challenge he was supposed to do. D1 was was *originally* trapped,
> having died and been consigned to H2. His contract allowed him limited
> freedom, to get the Wizard for D2.

... "The Devil *isn't* in Quinto-Hell if he's here" is the answer I was
looking for, thanks.  And I'd somehow gotten the impression the
Super-Wizard *also*  had a spare body in Quinto-Hell, alongside four
devil bodies.  Though I'll admit I was just confused there.  8{o>

> So, based on a loophole ('cause devils love exploiting loopholes),
> although D2-through5 are trapped, D1 can move about as long as he
> stays on mission. And if he completes the challenge, then that would
> cancel D3's contract, which would cancel D4's contract, etc.
>
> Clear as mud? :)

Yeah.  So let me stir things up a little...

The Devil died and went Below.  Then he came back.  Then the Super
Wizard killed him *again* to send him back Below.  Not banished, not
exorcised; killed.  That implies the Devil wasn't just roaming the upper
realms as a demon or a shade , he was *resurrected*...  Just sayin'.  8{D>

--
(signed) Scott Eiler  8{D>  -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ ---------

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.