[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #27: To Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Back Again, Part 3

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jan 4 18:34:11 PST 2012

On 1/4/2012 7:48 AM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> Super Wizard From Space was unsympathetic. "Understand me, Devil. I
> would be happy to leave you and your four brethren in the prison you
> have made for yourselves.

... but if the Devil is in the prison, what's he doing here?

> "But I bound by the cosmic challenges forced
> upon me by the seven super civilizations of the universe."

Is the Secret Living Language eating the Super Wizard's grammar, or did
something else take the "am" out of "I bound"?  8{D>

> The wizard and the Devil climbed out of the car. "I always told myself I
> wouldn't come back here," muttered the Super Wizard From Space, gazing
> over the icy plain. { The Super Wizard From Space #4 }

Nice break in Super Wizard stoic silence.

> The Devil sighed. "Look,
> I'm sorry if I put you in a spot, I know you might be reluctant to..."
>
> The Super Wizard From Space raised his hand, pointing at the Devil. The
> glow of star-fire emanated from him, blinding the surroundings before
> wrapping itself around his arm and ejecting from his finger. A lancing
> bolt of fusion rammed into the Devil's chest, vaporizing his torso and
> liquifying the rest in atomic fire.

Yeah, I hadn't thought the Super Wizard was reluctant to immolate the Devil.

> The chorus of winged shapes along the wall called down to them, chanting
> and jeering in unison, "Double-Hell is closed! Closed to all! By twice
> furious command of Megadusa!"

Oooh, that's an interesting development.

> AUTHOR'S NOTES
>
> It also struck me that, if this series is to continue past the current
> tournament-crowns bit, I should probably think of where I want to go
> with it.

Unless you're a lot closer to the end than I think, you've got plenty of
time to throw in more ingredients and see what happens.

> Wil Alambre, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/wilalambre

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.