RACCIES: Hall of Fame 2012 Edition - First Nomination Ballot

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 17:15:16 PST 2012

On 1/1/12 4:39 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> Returning for the first time since 2009, we once again induct the best of
> all time into the hallowed halls of RACC.  It's the Hall of Fame Awards!
>
> ==========
>
> Election to the RACCies Hall of Fame is a two-step process:
>
> 1.  Nominations.  Open.  There are three restrictions:
>   i. As in the RACCies proper, you may not nominate yourself or any stories
> you've worked on. (Crossovers excepted, naturally!)
>   iii. Any story posted to alt.comics.lnh or rec.arts.comics.creative is
> eligible, as are early LNH and NTB stories originally posted on other
> newsgroups pre-RACC, providing they were posted on or before December 31st,
> 2010.
>   iv. An entry requires four nominations before it will be included on the
> ballot.  If no work or author in a category gets at least four nominations
> before the end of the period, that award will not be given this year.
>   Send all nominations to pwerdna at gmail.com by JANUARY 31ST, 2012.
>
> 2.  Elections.  Time to make your choice!  Pick three nominees from each
> category and rank them 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  1st gets 5 points, 2nd gets 3
> points, and 3rd gets 1 point.
>   There are two restrictions on this category:
>   i. Again, no voting for oneself or one's stories.
>   ii. An entry requires five votes before it can win.  If no work or author
> in a category receives at least five votes for first, second, or third
> place before the end of the period, that award will not be given this year.
>   Again, send all votes to pwerdna at gmail.com.  Voting ends MARCH 15TH, 2012.

Hmm.  I'm not quite sure what this means.  I take it to mean that you
would need four people to nominate Self-Righteous Preacher for best
character before he would be put on the ballot.  And then he would need
five votes (1st place votes?) before he would be put in the Hall?

When I was suggesting 4 nomination ballots -- I was talking about 4
people participating in the nomination process -- not 4 people agreeing
on the same work or person to get on the ballot.  And a few grace
periods if you didn't get the required 4 ballots.

Looking back at the ballots when I first did the RACC Hall of Fame and
got like 5 nomination ballots, three out of fives ballots were the most
in terms of coming to a consensus and there were only a few that did
that.  So I don't think what you're proposing will work very well.

And certainly 5 votes would most likely be impossible.

I think this is a bad idea.

Arthur "Just my thoughts..." Spitzer