LNH20: Generation 2.0 #5

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 16:16:51 PST 2012

On Jan 3, 2:39 pm, "Adrian J. McClure" <lord_sold... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Part of the problem here is that Martin was actively uninterested in
> LNH20 at first and only came around later, so he wasn't closely
> following the brainstorming threads when they were going on and I
> didn't update him on what my plans were.

Well, yeah.  I did ask what the plans were for Googlemesh (and
ApocaLISP) back in late November but I guess there were no plans and
then in early December he (and he) was mentioned passingly in a
different thread.  It's okay I just wasn't following all the threads
so closely because I didn't want to get spoiled.  I did say I was
doing that.

> Keeping people on more or
> less the same page has always been the big challenge of this project.
> Lalo and Andrew and I more or less became its leaders in the early
> stages because we were the ones brainstorming most aggressively. I
> established a strong synergy with Andrew early on, at the risk of
> excluding other people. For a long time I didn't tell anyone the full
> scope of what I was planning, sending different bits and pieces to
> different people. I don't remember whether this was a deliberate
> strategy because I wanted everyone to be surprised by some aspect of
> what I would write, or whether I just wasn't keeping track of what I
> was doing.
>
> It occurs to me that part of the reason for this revamp wasn't just to
> make the LNH more accessible--given how complex this universe has
> already gotten, I'm not sure it succeeds--

Oh one more thing: if Wolverine can be in the X-Men, the Avengers and
his own title every month and it isn't a snafu then having Googlemesh
going around  different places isn't a snafu either.

Martin