LNH/Contest: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #46: A 24 Minute Comic

Adrian J. McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 17:27:11 PST 2012

Hey, a classic LNH story! I didn't know they still made those. :) This
put a smile on my face. I enjoyed seeing CEL act as a ninja, and I
also enjoyed the Lemur/Superguy bit, as I just started getting into
Superguy after reaching the Grand Tour in my Dvandom Force reread.

The actual newsgroup alt.fan.lemurs seems even less active than
Superguy, mostly filled by spam. They might be better off trying to
invade someplace like TVTropes (though they would be in danger of
incurring the wrath of Fast Eddie) or the Homestuck forums. Or one of
the few highly active newsgroups remaining (according to TVTropes),
alt.obituaries. (I'd imagine this is where LNH20's Death hangs out in
his fleeting moments of spare time.)

I wonder whether the Lemurs in the 20verse actually traveled back in
time to the lost continent of Kumari Kadam (which Andrew mentioned as
part of LNH20 history on the wiki), so some of them have been in teh
LNHQ since it came into being. You see, according to Wikipedia's
article on Kumari Kandam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumari_Kandam),
a lost continent from Tamil mythology, Tamil nationalists identified
it with Lemuria. (Lemuria actually gets its name from lemurs; it was
originally invented to explain their evolutionary origin. The fact
that "lemur" means "ghost" in Latin meant that it was especially
intriguing to spiritualists and occultists; the fact that it referred
mostly to evil or hostile ghosts didn't trouble them much.)

AJM, knows regrettably almost nothing about Tamil culture other than
that M.I.A. is one