META: RACCtivity

Adrian J. McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 07:50:36 PST 2012

Having been away for a while, I was curious about whether last year
was significantly more active than the previous years and how it
stacks up to the golden years of RACC, when usenet was still
prominent. So if you add up the number of postings per month that
Google Groups lists, here's what you get:

1994 (starting with May): 1785
1995: 2571
1996: 2379
1997: 3221
1998: 2168
1999: 1290
2000: 719
2001: 517
2002: 984
2003: 557
2004: 589
2005: 670
2006: 1881
2007: 1305
2008: 749
2009: 735
2010: 1036
2011: 1957

So in total, this last year was the most active RACC's ever had since
1998. Most of this was due to LNH20. Of course, Google Groups measures
the number of postings total, not the number of stories. I'm willing
to be that went up signfiicantly with the introduction of the High
Concept Challenge.

AJM