RACCIES: SW10 Eligibles for 2011

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jan 1 15:30:28 PST 2012

Gee, Andrew, you were up early New Year's Day to put out the awards
ballot.  The least I can do is share my eligibility.

===================== clip & return =====================

RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:

Scott Eiler  8{D>

RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:
As advertised, not as released:  Err, whatever.  I only submit them for
consideration if I release them.

- Superhuman World 2011
- Powernaut

RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
12 issues or less, including one-shots:

- Cauldron, Book II
- The Summer of Discontent (including Time Bounce and Lady Sherlock)
- The Tape
- Powernaut 1941

RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC:
Any multi-issue storyline that is *not* RACC3 (include issue numbers, if
known):

- Deputy Ambassador to Another World / Zombies vs. Vice-President
Corrigan (Midwest zombie culture)
- Britannia Beach / Satanists with the Silver Skull Machine (Wyatt
Ferguson with ultimate power)
- Lateran Speaks / The Day of the Rapture / The Gates of New Bosnia /
New Bosnia #1 (SW10 vs. Turkworld vs. Gavrilo the Hermit Wizard Bee)

RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE (include a short blurb that identifies the
issue):

- The Briefing (Chancellor Wyatt describes SW10)
- The Perils of the Wolf-Woman of Tennessee (SW10 Sasquatchi vs. Unicorns)
- Night of the RACCies (RACCies are in SW10 continuity!)
- The Coming of the Super-Mage (SW10 vs. the Super Wizard from Space!)
- Iv, The Real Story  (revisionist history of SW10)
- Stay Dead!  (LNH - Beige Midnight tie-in!  The fate of Eiler Hates
This Hero Lad!)
- Clueless Lad Team-Up #1: Featuring Nudist Man! (LNH)
- Worse Than Useless (24-Minute Challenge; eek, more crap for SW10)

RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:  I've restricted this list to
viewpoint characters who were actively heroic.  And it's still quite a lot.

- Summer Morgan (from Cauldron *and* Lady Sherlock)
- Crusher Joe Corrigan (from fighting zombies)
- Kristi the Animal Woman (from Night of the RACCies)
- Scott Stiles, the Super-Savior (from the New Bosnia storyline)
- Gavrilo the Hermit Wizard Bee! (from the New Bosnia storyline)
- Wyatt Ferguson (standard viewpoint character)
- Rolling Thunder (from Summer of Discontent)
- The Mighty Tim (from Summer of Discontent)
- Ellipsis (from the Super-Mage episode)
- The Powernaut (from his own web comic)
- Nudist Man! (LNH20; from Clueless Lad Team-Up #1)

RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:  Including a couple of viewpoint
characters.  Villains can totally be viewpoint characters.  And I
excluded villains I'd also written as heroes, as well as villains I
didn't care enough to actually name (such as "Black Girl from
Indianapolis").

- Imperilus (from Cauldron II)
- Auge von Shaitan and company (from Britannia Beach)
- Eric X (from the Summer of Discontent)
- Vesper (from the Summer of Discontent)
- Lateran (from Cauldron II *and* the New Bosnia storyline)
- Chancellor Wyatt (from quite a few storylines)
- The Sultan Hope Springs (from the New Bosnia storyline)
- Lac Long Quan (from the Summer of Discontent)
- The Super Wizard from Space! (totally an antagonist in *my* story world)
- Clueless Lad (LNH20; I have to admit he hasn't quite been a hero yet,
but he has been an antagonist)

RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:  Many of my heroes and villains
also take turns as supporting characters, and vice versa.  But I've
restricted this list to people who aren't on those lists.  And only
named characters.  Sorry, "Nameless Marines".

- Psychovant the Duck (from Night of the RACCies)
- Nell the Waitress (from Night of the RACCies)
- Richard Alston and company (from Britannia Beach)
- Adu Asantemantse (from Britannia Beach)
- Wenchy the Witch (from Britannia Beach)
- Vara Hosea (from Summer of Discontent)
- Swordhand (from Summer of Discontent)
- Rad Man (from Summer of Discontent)
- Major Paul S. Terry (from Summer of Discontent)
- The Bride of the Ultimate Darkness (from Summer of Discontent and the
Super-Mage episode)
- Ensign Bodybag (LNH)

RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:  Here I submit mostly old characters
first published in RACC in 2011.  And I've taken the liberty of
reminding people about a couple of characters I used but didn't create.

- Scott Stiles, the Super-Savior
- Rolling Thunder
- Rad Man
- Swordhand
- The Powernaut
- Ensign Bodybag (LNH)
- Clueless Lad (LNH)
- Gavrilo the Hermit Wizard Bee!
- The Super Wizard from Space!

RACC11.  FAVORITE ACTION/ADVENTURE:
NEW AWARD! Series, miniseries, etc.:

I hope everything I write qualifies for that.

RACC12.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:
RENAMED AWARD! This one too:

My stuff is mature but not specifically for adults.  Still, I suppose
everything I write could be eligible.

RACC14.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:  The one I usually play in is more of
a multiverse, but I'm only going to submit it once.  And I'm going to
remind people of a couple of others.

Superhuman World 2011 / Powernaut ("SW10")
LNH !
LNH20 !

RACC15.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:

everyone's pal Scott Eiler  8{D>

RACC16.  BEST DISCUSSION:
By thread, not participants:

HCC #22 Proposition:  Someone Else's Characters

RACC18.  MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR:
 >From January 1st, 2011 to present:

I may not be worthy, but I suppose I'm eligible.

RACC20.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:
Same as RACC2, but issue #1 must have been on or after January 1st, 2011:

Powernaut

THE RABBIT-BREEDER'S CUP:
Awarded to the most prolific writer in this or *any* amateur fiction forum!
We're measuring volume, folks!:

... it's probably me on episode count, but it's probably Wil on word
count.  There's probably an objective way to make that decision.

THE IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED):
For that author whose works are most consistently late:

What are these things you call "consistently" and "late"?

THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD:
For our favorite RACC-related web page:

- http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/
- http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1941.htm

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.