HCC/LNHY/LNH/LNH20/ACRA: Looniverse Y #10 (HCC27)

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 23:40:15 PST 2012

On Feb 27, 6:22 pm, Scott Eiler <sei... at eilertech.com> wrote:
> On 2/27/2012 3:31 AM, Martin Phipps wrote:
>

> > On Feb 27, 12:46 am, Saxon Brenton<saxonbren... at hotmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Martin noted:

> >> ohmygosh.  I completely missed that (was hurriedly typing up the last bit
> >> of at 10:30 last night, and only gave it a spell check review before
> >> posting).  Looking over the few sentences on either side of the scene break,
> >> I could have had lots of fun playing with peoples' headspaces.  Ah well,
> >> a lost opportunity, but entirely my own fault.
>
> > You're kidding.  I thought they were goners.  I had to read the
> > sentence several times before I realized they were being admitted INTO
> > the morgue.  I thought _that_ was the surprise, that they weren't
> > toast.
>
> I thought INTO the morgue was being dead.  I wasn't paying sufficient
> attention to the dialog to think otherwise.

As Saxon said, the line just before "They didn't make it" contributed
to that interpretation.  If Saxon had written, "The next day, after
sufficient recuperation, they were admitted into the morgue" I think
you would have understood it to mean somebody had opened the door for
them and not that their bodies had been sent to the morgue.

Martin