HCC/LNHY/LNH/LNH20/ACRA: Looniverse Y #10 (HCC27)

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:01:08 PST 2012

Martin blinked in incredulity and excalimed:
> You're kidding. I thought they were goners. I had to read the
> sentence several times before I realized they were being admitted INTO
> the morgue. I thought _that_ was the surprise, that they weren't
> toast.

-turns bright red with embarrassment and waggles head emphatically-.

Nope.  Like I said, I was in a bit of a rush at the end.  I distinctly
remember writing the lines about 'They never made it.' and thinking it
sounded like they died - and so I included the bit about Carl giving
himself concussion when he ran full tilt into the wall of the stairwell,
since getting concussion would only be important if he survived.  And
then the line about being ushered into the morge turned up to revisit
the situation.

Just between you and me and the rest of the internet, I think I my
bloodthirsty  subconscious might have wanted them killed, and kept
throwing in phrasing that sounded distinctly fatal.

---
Saxon Brenton