HCC/LNHY/LNH/LNH20/ACRA: Looniverse Y #10 (HCC27)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Feb 27 18:22:04 PST 2012

On 2/27/2012 3:31 AM, Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Feb 27, 12:46 am, Saxon Brenton<saxonbren... at hotmail.com>  wrote:
>> Martin noted:

>>> Ah what a difference one preposition makes!  ("into" rather than "to")
>>
>> ohmygosh.  I completely missed that (was hurriedly typing up the last bit
>> of at 10:30 last night, and only gave it a spell check review before
>> posting).  Looking over the few sentences on either side of the scene break,
>> I could have had lots of fun playing with peoples' headspaces.  Ah well,
>> a lost opportunity, but entirely my own fault.
>
> You're kidding.  I thought they were goners.  I had to read the
> sentence several times before I realized they were being admitted INTO
> the morgue.  I thought _that_ was the surprise, that they weren't
> toast.

I thought INTO the morgue was being dead.  I wasn't paying sufficient
attention to the dialog to think otherwise.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison (that's *Mister* Morrison to
you), Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.