HCC/LNHY/LNH/LNH20/ACRA: Looniverse Y #10 (HCC27)

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:46:04 PST 2012

Martin noted:
>>      Later that week the coroner, Dr Scon, admitted both Karen Manx and
>> Carl Hernandez into the morgue.
>
> Ah what a difference one preposition makes!  ("into" rather than "to")

ohmygosh.  I completely missed that (was hurriedly typing up the last bit
of at 10:30 last night, and only gave it a spell check review before
posting).  Looking over the few sentences on either side of the scene break,
I could have had lots of fun playing with peoples' headspaces.  Ah well,
a lost opportunity, but entirely my own fault.

Then Scott added:
> Great story, though I failed to sense the surprise.  Instead, it seemed
> the targets had been expecting an assault like this forever.  Which is
> very sensible on their part.

Although there was a bit of surprise for Carl about how *weird* things
were, the main surprise was for the dominionists and therefore not shown
on screen.  They were quite honestly expecting that they would survive
the energy assault, believing that because they were acting as righteous
intermediaries on on behalf of their god, (and further, as per divine
command theory, that their god is not only good, but the source of good,
and can therefore never be involved in an evil act) that they would be
protected.
Or to use a more prosaic metaphor, they expected there to be more fine
control over what they unleashed, but instead of being able to safely
observe up close a surgical military strike, they ended up standing at
ground zero when the nuke went off.
(and since that cheerfully thumbs it's nose at one or both of the notions
that the Abrahamic god is omnipotent and omnibenevolent, that's where
the blasphemy comes in.)

---
Saxon Brenton