[META] RACC-con 2012: The finalising of details

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Feb 25 17:59:01 PST 2012

On 2/25/2012 11:52 AM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 2/20/2012 6:17 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> On 2/19/2012 8:11 PM, EDMLite wrote:
>>
>>> BENICIA
>>>
>>> Advantages: Benicia is where people in the Bay Area
>>> (who have heard of it) go to have a quiet weekend.
>>> It’s a small town on the water, with a surprising variety
>>> of restaurants and a quirky history (the town was
>>> California’s capital for 13 months, served as an alternate
>>> on the Pony Express route and was the first stop for
>>> the Zodiac killer). Finding a good location for a meeting
>>> of writers should be (relatively) easy and cheap.
>>>
>>> Disadvantages: It’s a small town on the water.
>>> Those traveling to the area and hoping to find the
>>> hustle and bustle of San Francisco’s nightlife will
>>> be disappointed.
>>
>> I doubt that's a disadvantage for any of us.
>>
>> I think our convention experience will be enhanced if we all stay in the
>> same community, including Rob. So I favor Benicia, though it'll
>> definitely help me if the Best Western has a van that'll take me back
>> and forth to the ferry terminal.
>
> ... and to Amtrak in the next town over. Benicia's even more convenient
> for me than I thought. 8{D>
>
> Hearing no counter-proposals, I think it's time to start planning. Rob,
> were you going to take the lead? Everyone else, Rob (or whoever)
> probably needs to know now if you can or can't make it, and if Best
> Western of Benicia is okay.

I suppose I should mention, I'm in.  (Provided I can get the time off
work, which depends on which week, but shouldn't be a problem)
Regardless how many people make it in, I can commit.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison (that's *Mister* Morrison to
you), Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.