LNH20: LNH Comics Presents: Spoon of Destiny Saga Recap

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Feb 24 18:27:58 PST 2012

On 2/24/2012 2:07 PM, Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Feb 24, 6:43 am, Andrew Perron<pwer... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:19:29 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
>>> Other-dimensional supergod?  Fiction suits?
>>
>>> Whatever.
>>
>> Not especially whatever.  Adrian's ideas are right on for my conception of
>> the character, since, after all, I did base him (it?) on Grant Morrison's
>> ideas.  He's not supposed to have different personalities so much as show
>> different facets of one enormously complex being.
>>
>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, if it's "Mister", I should probably use
>> "he"...
>
> I still don't understand WHY.  As a writer, Grant Morrison would want
> to understand his characters better so he would apparently (based on
> what I saw in the link) dress up like one of his characters and walk
> around like one of his characters just like a "method actor" would
> stay "in character" even when he's not on set or on stage.  But what
> would Mister Morrison be trying to accomplish by talking strangely?
> To put it another way, if I were to assume the persona of Mister
> Morrison what would I do?  That puts us back to square one in terms of
> knowing how to write the character.

Well, square one is a good place to start.  8{D>

We know Mister Morrison is an insufferable British twit who will talk in
any affected speech pattern he likes, and who has the desire and power
to induce weirdness around him.  That seems like a reasonable character
concept even as is.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison (that's *Mister* Morrison to
you), Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.