SW10/HCC: Superhuman World 2011: The Element of Surprise

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:30:56 PST 2012

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:20:48 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 2/23/2012 1:52 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:

>> Anyway, I sometimes wonder if there's too much description in my
>> stories. RACC issues are meant to be rather short and quickly read,
>> often equivalent to an average comic book issue.
>
> I actually try to make mine shorter than comic books.  My stories get
> published as text on computers, and most people don't have a long
> attention span for that.  But that's a style thing.  It's not as if your
> style violates the RACC charter or anything.

Personally, I have quite a long attention span for such.  The length of my
issues mostly has to do with a.) where I can find a good
cliffhanger/stopping point, and b.) wanting to get it out the door already.

> Oh, and by the way, UM #6 was very stylish and elegiac, though with
> plenty of action too.  Hey, I used elegiac in a sentence!  Andrew taught
> me that word.  8{D>

Excellent, excellent.  Now to spread "comeuppance" to the masses!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, uppance