LNH20/Meta: Library Lad?

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:40:34 PST 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:12:55 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> On Feb 23, 3:21 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hm.  I thought we were going with the LNH20 Library Lad *being* the Classic
>> LNH Library Lad - unless, of course, you mean his counterpart there.  In
>> which case, I like it!
>
> Well, it's a bit complicated, and would have been explained better in
> the story (I should have it up soon, it's pretty short), but my
> intuition is that he actually has a separate past and appearance in
> the LNH20 world. He stepped into that universe's LNHQ shortly after it
> was created, so it to incorporate him into its history.

Ahhhhhhh!  Nice.

> From his own
> point of view, he only showed up just after the invasion, but from the
> POV of the universe he was a founding member. Also he's aged in comic
> book time while the rest of the Legion was aging in real time until
> the Present Day. He uses the Library to effectively commute between
> different worlds.

Innnnnnnteresting, and meta-tastic! (Though I'd put him a bit after
"founding member".)

> I wonder whether this universe has its own native version of Thoth,
> whether that version is still a god, and what he thinks of the fact
> his counterpart's running around

Hmmmm... I wonder...

> AJM (It also occurs to me that, though no longer technically a WC, LL
> still fits with a major part of your personality, the "Paladin of
> Continuity side.)

I'd say that he's still a WC, actually!  Just one that represents a part of
my personality that's no longer dominant, y'know?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, godthinkery...