SW10/HCC: Superhuman World 2011: The Element of Surprise

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Feb 22 18:32:32 PST 2012

On 2/22/2012 6:39 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 01:57:21 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

>> Ehh, perhaps I could have included a point of view from people who were
>> expecting a *technological* response to Ellipsis's machinations.
>
> Ah, indeed, that would have helped.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, sometimes one forgets to tell the
> readers what one already knows.

Actually, my problem was that I'd chosen a viewpoint character who was
inflicting the surprise, not one who was receiving it.  He's have to
learn about the surprise's reception from a news analysis.  No reason he
can't do that on the rewrite, of course...

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.