LNH20: LNH Comics Presents: Spoon of Destiny Saga Recap

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:37:54 PST 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:08:42 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:

>      A sort of "buyer's regret" sets in awfully quickly when you create a
> character with an oddball formulaic mode of speech.  This issue's really
> nifty idea becomes next issue's albatross.  Eventually you write the
> character out entirely, or change them (for instance, Kaliban in ASH stopped
> speaking solely in iambic pentameter once I took him over from Tony).

That's true - *but* what I'm thinking is, he changes, flipping constantly
between different modes of expression.  So none of them stick around long
enough to become annoying instead of fun, and whichever writer uses him can
use whatever they like best.

>      Dave Van Domelen, "We hate iambic pentameter!" - entire cast of
> Moonlighting at the end of the Taming of the Shrew homage episode

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, pentavites!?