[META] RACC-con 2012: The finalising of details

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Feb 20 18:17:50 PST 2012

On 2/19/2012 8:11 PM, EDMLite wrote:

> BENICIA
>
> Advantages: Benicia is where people in the Bay Area
> (who have heard of it) go to have a quiet weekend.
> It’s a small town on the water, with a surprising variety
> of restaurants and a quirky history (the town was
> California’s capital for 13 months, served as an alternate
>   on the Pony Express route and was the first stop for
> the Zodiac killer). Finding a good location for a meeting
> of writers should be (relatively) easy and cheap.
>
> Disadvantages: It’s a small town on the water.
> Those traveling to the area and hoping to find the
> hustle and bustle of San Francisco’s nightlife will
> be disappointed.

I doubt that's a disadvantage for any of us.

I think our convention experience will be enhanced if we all stay in the
same community, including Rob.  So I favor Benicia, though it'll
definitely help me if the Best Western has a van that'll take me back
and forth to the ferry terminal.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.