LNH20: Kung-Fu Holmes

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 11:35:52 PST 2012

On Feb 16, 11:25 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

> My biggest disappointment with the first one is that they set up this
> technique... and then the biggest fight in the film didn't use it. >:/

My biggest disappointment with the first one was the first one.

> Interesting. XD It was funny, but it kinda felt like it was missing a
> punchline.

Structurally, the "punchline" is the eliding of a punchline-- the
story, such as it is, adds things they have to deal with, but rather
than resolve them, it's all just ...'d away.  It's like a shaggy dog
story in that respect, but how successful it was, of course, depends
on the reader.

There's another "punchline" that's also elided-- the story and its
characters "forget" a character by the end. And maybe that doesn't
work as well as it would have if I had pointed out the fact that he
was forgotten, but then he wouldn't be forgotten.  I dunno.  I'm
experimenting, and of course the problem with that is everything
doesn't always work. :-(

But feedback, such as yours and Scott's, will ensure that the next
experiment is better. :-)

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, attack of the Cybermen!

==Tom