LNH20: Nudist Man: Origins

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Feb 12 18:21:51 PST 2012

On 2/12/2012 8:01 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
> Tom Russell presents
> NUDIST MAN: ORIGINS
> an LNH20 adventure
>
>     "Say, Nudist Man?  An undeniable part of your mystique is that we
> don't know your real name."
>     "Well, there's nothing so mysterious about that.  It's not like I'm
> some 200-year-old amnesiac whose brain heals bad memories or something
> idiotic like that.  I've never hidden my name, it's just that no one's
> ever asked."
>     "Alright, then: what's your name?"
>     "Richard.  Richard Wang."

But can we call him Dick?

> AUTHOR'S NOTES:
>
> Surprised (pleasantly) as I am that last year's Nudist Man story,
> essentially a bad and obvious joke, was nominated for a RACCie, I
> figured this whole "spend about a year writing a 20,000 word
> installment of JOLT CITY" methodology was doing it wrong.  So, I
> thought I'd write a sequel, with an even worse and more obvious
> joke.  ;-D

I've already discovered the joy of writing short stories.  I'm starting
to realize the advantages of shared universe stories, especially when I
spend two months doing a Powernaut web comic series and then people ask
me, "But when's the next Clueless Lad Team-Up?"

My younger self from a year ago can't believe I just wrote any part of
that last sentence.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.