LNH20: LNH20 Comics Presents #13

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 20:41:06 PST 2012

Wait, why is Cranium back in the meeting room now if it's set
immediately after the end of the last issue? (I know, retcotheric
energy, but nobody seems to notice this is odd. I've noticed that in
both this and the previous issue you have a certain tendency to skip
over things.) Also, if Doc Nostalgia has reported back, why not the
others... unless they're in Ava.LAN? I imagine that's where Brian is
too.

I do like the idea of Cranium 5 being effectively part of the "Council
of Elders," though. They'd fit quite well as a Five-Man Band (http://
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand--TVTropes link, so
prepare to lose much of your free time): Fearless Leader is The Hero,
Doc Nostalgia is The Lancer (or the Big Guy), Agent-M is the Big Guy
(or the Lancer), Cranium 5 is the Smart Guy, and January Frost is the
Chick (in the sense of someone who's power is primarily nonphysical,
and who's emotionally engaged, as well as the one who doesn't fit with
the rest), with Kid Enthusiastic as an intermittent Sixth Ranger.

I originally thought of Kid E as being much more a part of the LNH20
Council of Elders, which seems to have gotten lost as he's with a
different group in the cascade. On the other hand, he isn't
necessarily the best person for administrative stuff, as he's always
out doing things. But I imagine he gets a lot of input into new
members and helping reach out to them.

As the LNH grows bigger and out of the "Council of Elders"'s control
(which I hope will also apply to LNH20 as far as the Real World "Neo-
Council of Elders" and the RACC old guard , I suspect there'll be a
new Leadership Crisis at some point, possibly instigated by Cranium
5.

AJM