LNH20: LNH20 Comics Presents #13

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 01:49:37 PST 2012

  Agent M was piloting her flight.thingy on approach to LNH HQ in
Netropolis.  She was bringing her espionage Squad back home after they
had retrieved the Spoon of Destiny from a museum in Italy.  (See LNH20
Comics Presents #10.)
  "Okay, everybody," she said.  "Seat belts on.  We're on approach to
LNH HQ and I can see that the weather is pretty bad!  There's a big
storm cloud right in front of us!"
  "That's no storm cloud," Configuration Man said.  "That's
Netropolis."
  "It's can't be..."  But it was.  "Oh my God!  Netropolis is floating
in the air!"

LNH20 Comics Presents #13:
"The Floating City"
Chapter 11 of a chaotic add-on cascade
by Martin Phipps

  Walter "Wikipedia" Brown, Juliana "Amazon Lass" Almeida, Edward "E-
Boy" Boyd and George "Google Lad" Patel were showing Googlemesh around
town.  Suddenly Edward noticed some things in his pockets.
  "What is this stuff?" he said as he pulled out five gas masks.
"What are these for?"
  Just then there was a terrible screaming sound that brought all five
of them to their knees.  Then an open canister of nerve gas was
dropped onto the ground in front of them.  George immediately
recognized the gas from its distinctive smell.
  "It's the Yahoo!"  he said.  "He's back!  And he's trying to kill us
all!"
  Edward put on a gas mask and quickly handed others to his
companions.  Then he noticed something else in his pockets.  He pulled
them out.  "What are these?"
  "They're earplugs!" Walter shouted.  "Put them on!"
  Edward put earplugs in his ear and handed out earplugs to the
others.
  Googlemesh, meanwhile, was speaking to Juliana.  "The four of you
need to go back to LNH HQ!  I will deal with this Yahoo!"
  "But..."
  "Just go!" he said.  "You are but children!  It is my primary duty
to see that you are safe!  Just go!"
  Juliana grabbed Walter's hand and pulled him away.  George and
Edward gladly followed them.
  "Show yourself!" Googlemesh demanded.
  Googlemesh soon saw that he faced not one villain but five: there
was a large, bald black man in what looked like a military uniform
(MSN); a smaller, ginger haired man in a red shirt and black pants
(Random-Thug-in-a-Red=Shirt); an Asian woman in a blue flowing dress
(Sonic); a clown faced man with red hair and a purple tuxedo (The
Yahoo) and a man whose face was completely obscured by flashes of
electricity while his body was dressed in a charcoal grey business
suit, with shoes and gloves (The Recovery Man).
  "It is good that you got rid of your human shields, Googlemesh," The
Recovery Man said.  "We aren't here to kill children.  We are here to
kill you!"
  Googlemesh braced himself for the attack that was about to come.

***

  "Great Curt Swan's ghost! I have the strangest feeling I'm in two
places at once!"
  "You are... and you're not," Cranium 5 said.
  "Here we go again!" Doc Nostalgia said.
  "Here at LNH HQ several days have passed so of course you already
returned from your mission," Cranium 5 explained, "but time flows
differently in different parts of Netropolis so you are also in a
sense still on your mission."
  "So if I were to go there now would I see myself?"
  "Obviously not," the Cranium said.  "And indeed the fact that you
are here means that you got back safely.  At the same time, however,
you don't remember coming back from your mission because you
completing your mission and returning has not happened yet."
  "Enough!" Fearless Leader said.  "We have other concerns!  LNH HQ is
floating in mid-air!"
  And then, as if on cue, Random-Net.Hero-in-a-Blue-Shirt stuck his
head in through the door.  "Guys... sorry to bother you but Agent M
and her Espionage Squad have just returned from Italy.  They say they
have the spoon."
  "And at the same time... they don't," Cranium 5 said.
  "What?"
  "Never mind," Fearless Leader said.  "Have they landed safely in the
hanger?"
  "They say it's a bit difficult right now with the entire city of
Netropolis floating in air."
  "It can't be a coincidence!" January Frost said.  "The city starts
floating just as they are approaching!"
  "It's as though the spoon wants to be whole!" Cranium 5 said.
  "Wait..." Fearless Leader said.  "That would mean that there's
already another spoon here in Netropolis.  A real one and not a
decoy."

***

  "Ha ha ha ha!" The Yahoo said.  "Go after him, Bing!"
  "Are you talking to me?" MSN asked.
  "Yes!  You're Bing!   Ha ha ha ha!"
  "What are you talking about?"
  Googlemesh did not wait for MSN to attack: he struck first and
knocked him to the ground.
  "You!  Random Thug!  Get in there!" The Recovery Man ordered.
  "Well... okay," Random-Thug-in-a-Red-Shirt said.  He jumped on
Googlemesh's back and tried to wrestle him to the ground.  Googlemesh
simply pulled him off of him with one arm and then used the other arm
to twist his head, snapping his neck in the process.
  "Ouch!" he said as Googlemesh dropped him to the ground.
  "You are going to have to do better than this if you are going to
defeat Googlemesh!" Googlemesh said.
  The Recovery Man nodded in agreement.  He reached for his spoon.

***

  Walter, Juliana, Edward and George made it to LNH HQ and ran in
through the lobby.  They spoke to the receptionist.
  "We need help!" Juliana said  "Googlemesh is under attack!"
  "Fearless Leader is in a meeting right now but if its an emergency
then I'll let you in to see him.
  "Thanks!"
  The four of them went to Fearless Leader's office just as Fearless
Leader and the others were coming out on their way to the monitoring
room.
  "Fearless Leader!" Juliana said.  "Googlemesh is under attack!"
  "From whom?"
  "It's The Yahoo," George told him.  "And there may be others too."
  "Alright," Fearless Leader said.  "The Espionage Squad is still in
the air above Netropolis.  We'll tell them to look for Googlemesh and
land their flight.thingy nearby."  Fearless Leader nodded.  "Don't
worry.  I'm sure everything will be fine!"

***

  The Recovery Man pulled out his spoon.
  "I didn't want to have to use the Spoon of Destiny on you,
Googlemesh," The Recovery Man said.  "I didn't want to the Legion to
know I had it.  But now I see that I have to use it to kill you!"
  Agent M and her Espionage Squad (Gift-Wrapping Granny, Configuration
Man, Killswitch and Lass Dragon) showed up just in time to see The
Recovery Man pull out his spoon.
  "Huh?" Killswitch said.  "If that's the Spoon of Destiny then what
is the spoon we have?"

***

  Brian the Pizza Delivery Guy finally noticed that something was
glowing in the pouch on the seat next to him in his car.  He stopped
the car and opened the pouch to take a look.  He saw that the spoon at
that dragon had given him was giving off light.
  "What the...?"
  Brian took hold of the spoon and the intensity of the light grew so
much that Brian had to shut his eyes, cover his face with his other
arm and look away.  He felt a surge of electricity run through his
entire body.  When the light faded, Brian opened his eyes and found
that he was no longer sitting in his car.  He was somewhere else
entirely.

***

The Spoon of Destiny created by Tom Russell.
The Recovery Man and Gift-Wrapping Granny created by Saxon Brenton
Generation 2.0: Walter "Wikipedia" Brown, Juliana "Amazon Lass"
Almeida, Edward "E-Boy" Boyd and George "Google Lad" Patel, The
Assassination Squad: Michael Steven "MSN" Nelson, Yiling "Sonic" Yang,
John "The Yahoo" Smith and Random-Thug-in-a-Red-Shirt, Googlemesh, the
Cranium, Configuration Man and Random-Net.Hero-in-a-Blue-Shirt created
by Martin Phipps
Fearless Leader created by Adrian J. McClure and Dave Van Domelen
January Frost created by Adrian J. McClure and Tom Russell
Agent M, Doctor Nostalgia, the Lycopersicons, WHATEVER, Ultravac,
Ultravac's ticker-tape reader and Brian the Pizza Delivery Guy created
by Adrian J. McClure
Lass Dragon and Killswitch created by Andrew Perron