SW10: Powernaut Friday #2: Invention Contest!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Feb 10 17:35:24 PST 2012

On 2/9/2012 11:32 PM, Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Feb 9, 8:37 pm, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:

>>> Sorry, Martin. My smart friend S.O.S. says that motor vehicles will be
>>> obsolete in the future. The streets will all be parks. Cargo will go on
>>> underground conveyor belts, and people will travel with jet packs! He
>>> says I might someday be powerful enough to fly on my own without one.
>>> I'd better hurry up and get that power before everyone else is flying
>>> and I'm not!
>>
>>> Still, it's a great idea for an invention!
>>
>> And yeah, Martin, you definitely win this one.  Just give me a mailing
>> address.  Yeah, I know it'll probably be in Taiwan.
>
> Um, no, that's not a good idea.  I won a similar contest from Tom
> Russell many years ago and the prize he sent me apparently got lost in
> the mail.  I wouldn't want anything so valuable to go astray.  Why
> don't you do what lotteries do and hold onto the prize until next
> week.  Surely someone can come up with something better than The Porn
> Censor!

Double or nothing, eh?  But that's fine.  I'll collect your winnings for
you until you can pick 'em up in person.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.