SW10: Powernaut Friday #2: Invention Contest!

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 23:32:46 PST 2012

On Feb 9, 8:37 pm, Scott Eiler <sei... at eilertech.com> wrote:
> On 2/3/2012 5:18 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:

> >> I'm hoping that they hurry up and invent flying cars because, you
> >> know, I followed your advice and took all my money out of IBM stocks
> >> and invested in a company that sells parts for small airplanes
> >> figuring I was going to get rich. Now I want to see the pay off!
>
> > Sorry, Martin. My smart friend S.O.S. says that motor vehicles will be
> > obsolete in the future. The streets will all be parks. Cargo will go on
> > underground conveyor belts, and people will travel with jet packs! He
> > says I might someday be powerful enough to fly on my own without one.
> > I'd better hurry up and get that power before everyone else is flying
> > and I'm not!
>
> > Still, it's a great idea for an invention!
>
> And yeah, Martin, you definitely win this one.  Just give me a mailing
> address.  Yeah, I know it'll probably be in Taiwan.

Um, no, that's not a good idea.  I won a similar contest from Tom
Russell many years ago and the prize he sent me apparently got lost in
the mail.  I wouldn't want anything so valuable to go astray.  Why
don't you do what lotteries do and hold onto the prize until next
week.  Surely someone can come up with something better than The Porn
Censor!

Martin