LNHY/META: A Call To Corruption

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Feb 9 19:08:35 PST 2012

On 2/9/2012 11:04 AM, EDMLite wrote:
> On Feb 8, 8:41 pm, Andrew Perron<pwer... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The System Corrupters can only accept one character per author!  We need
>> net.villains to join in!  Submit a character with name, description,
>> powers, and personality.  Feel free to submit multiple characters, but make
>> sure they're Usable Without Permission!
>
> The Scarlet Harlot!  Her powers feed on the expectations of others...
> so she's
> exactly as powerful, as beautiful, as deadly, as highly-skilled as
> everyone
> around her *thinks* she is.
>
> She dresses like Elektra... and is *very* concerned with her image (as
> she
> certainly doesn't want her enemies to figure out how her powers
> work...)

Well, actually, there was a Scarlet Harlot in the Doom Patrol once.  It
was one of Crazy Jane's personalities.  She dressed more like Emma Frost
in scarlet.

But the challenge got me thinking.  So did my workday.  Thus comes...

The Firefighter!  Lon Raccie is a Leader of men!  A detailed manager!  A
volunteer firefighter on the side!  And a defeater of fires!  Little
does he realize, his unrealized pyrokinetic powers actually *cause* the
blazes he fights!  If he interviews at the System Corruptors, a fire
*will* erupt there.  I expect he won't pass the interview.  Unless Kid
Enthusiastic thinks he's cool.

Usable Without Permission, of course, but I in turn reserve the right to
introduce him in LNH20 too.  Unless someone beats me to it, of course.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.