STARFALL: Spellbinder #5

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:14:51 PST 2012

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 21:19:40 +0000 (UTC), William Strickland wrote:

>> "Chess With Loki" sounds like a philosophy book, perhaps something
>> self-help-ish.
>
> That or a rock band. But then, everything sounds like a name for a
> rock band.

It's true! (Up to and including Name For A Rock Band.)

>> Convenient!
>
> That's telepathy for you! Making lives easier, and brains less secure.

Better living through psychic-ness!

>> I like him!  He's polite.
>
> It comes naturally when you're part of an openly telepathic society.
> You generally respect other people (as well as their privacy) a lot
> more because you're always seeing things from their point of view as
> well. When it's impossible for the people around you to be faceless
> nobodies, you will naturally care more about them.

Oooooh.  Interesting.  I like it. (It reminds me of the many missed
opportunities with the Betazoids on Star Trek, as well as the POV Ray, one
of the few bright spots in the Hitchhiker's Guide movie.)

>> I note that this is the first time this being a shared universe really felt
>> like it had consequences.  Very cool.
>
> Thanks. It's... 'different' to pull off, I guess.

It really is, isn't it? <3

>> Indeed!  This is not at all suspicious!
>
> Of course not! Nothing Hermes ever does is suspicious!

Or sarcastic!

>> I'm imagining this anime-style, electrical arcs cracking between her hands
>> and around her body.
>
> Pretty much! What's magic without a little of the ol' razzle-dazzle?

Not sufficiently advanced, that's for sure.

>> Jeez, most raid bosses aren't this hard.
>
> <Rocky> Healer's down!
> <Nightstalker> Need a rez!
> <Bombshell> Out of mana!

Dammit, where's the tank!?  Screaming in psychic pain at the fall of all
she thought she knew?  Pfft. >:/

>> <3 <3 <3 Maddy
>
> For the sound effect used in her EYE BEEMZ, see here;
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMIIWs5NpwM
> After about the 8:35 mark.

DOWDOWDOWDOW

>> Casey: ...he's getting that look again.
>> Mala: Just get him some of that bacon chocolate and he'll calm down.
>
> Did someone say 'bacon chocolate'?

Way more honestly tasty than I would've expected. <3

>> The Dark Chelsea Saga!?
>
> No! No, good grief. There's no way I would... except... but then...
> maybe I could... dammit.
> Okay, maybe.

*cackles fiendishly*

>> Mmmmm, godpunching. A good way to let out tension, as well as existential
>> angst.
>
> The other possible title for this episode was going to be 'Godsmack'.

*snerk*

> In the end, I had to get something like them involved because I
> couldn't not get them involved. The use of a pantheon that's easy to
> understand the basics of despite not being a part of Earthly mythos is
> too good to pass up. There will be differences, naturally, because
> while these characters are starting out as pastiches, they will change
> rapidly as they get more screen time, but the seed is still there.

I gotcha!  I certainly can't complain; it's simply that I'm chomping at the
bit to see how you interpret them~

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, pantheontastic.