REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #96 - December 2011 [spoilers]

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Feb 3 21:22:59 PST 2012

On 2/3/2012 8:51 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> A while back, Tom Russell wrote:
>
> "I think, though, it's time to
> let those characters go, or to make a concerted, but not at all
> creepy, effort to locate a valid e-mail address for those creators
> and
> ask them to let the character go into the public domain.  I'm more
> and
> more convinced that that is just plain the right thing to do. "
>
> I very much agree with that, and I've been thinking about it ever
> since. It's been especially on my mind since the Watchmen debacle. So
> I've been slowly trying to track down contact info for the various
> founding LNHers. Here are the ones I've found to date:
>
> We already have permission from Brian Perler (Obscure Trivia Lad) and,
> I think, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes (California Kid), and Tori Fike (Lurking
> Girl) for LNH20.
>
> Elisabeth Anne Riba (Catalyst Lass): her web page is here:
> http://osmond-riba.org/lis/default.htm and I've seen other signs of
> her web presence, but I can't seem to find any email. She has a
> facebook as Lis Riba, but can't be messaged by non-friends.
>
> Jacob Lesgold (Super Apathy Lad): Web page: http://jlesgold.freeshell.org/,
> email is jlesgold at freeshell dot org
>
> August Paul Yang (The August One/Occultism Kid I): He still posts
> every so often on Disney comics groups; his address is wintermute at
> speakeasy dot net
>
> Matthew Jotham Millheiser (Cheesecake-Eater Lad) twitter is at
> http://twitter.com/hokeyboy, haven't been able to find an email or
> facebook yet.
>
> David Goldfarb (Squid Boy): Handed his character over to Dvandom.
>
> Steve Husty (Insomnia Boy): I think this is him: https://www.facebook.com/macjester
>
> Maurice Beyke (Comics Snob Boy): According to this post
> http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd7/2000.01/2344.html he died in
> a car crash in 2000.
>
> Rebecca Drayer (Organic Lass): She's currently working as a doctor in
> New York, so I can find the address for her office but not her email.
>
> Karthik Sheka (Kid Yesterdaze): Currently working as a doctor in
> Allentown/Bethlehem, PA: Google+ here https://plus.google.com/102701637427994886369/posts
>
> Connie Hirsch (Fuzzy): She was also teh author of Kid Dynamo and
> several published sci-fi short stories. This page: http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?721
> lists her address as chirsch at tiac dot net.
>
> Jef Kolodziej (Cliche Dude): Couldn't find anything.
>
> Bill Sherman (Spelling Boy): His wikipedia user page is here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ahkond, he edited the article back
> in the day to reflect that he was the founder, so he seems to have
> signed off on the project as well, but it probably wouldn't hurt to
> contact him.
>
> Vernon H. Harmon (Bad Timing Boy): Currently working as a video game
> developer, couldn't find any contact info
>
> Steve Hutchinson (Invisible Incendiary): IIRC, he stuck around for a
> [...]

Heh. *Everything's" a business network to me.  People contact *me* on
LinkedIn all the time.  I either ignore them, or admit them and *then*
ignore them.

However, I do now have the ability to contact people on LinkedIn in the
name of Eiler Technical Enterprises, which now publishes selected Legion
of Net.Heroes stories at eilertech.com.  I will not hesitate to do this
if someone might actually listen.

But think carefully and help me write the contact message before I
unleash this power.   For starters, people might be reluctant if I
approach them as a dot.com.  Are there non dot-com entities they might
feel safe for me to represent, like http://www.lnhq.info/ ?

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.