REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #96 - December 2011 [spoilers]

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:06:59 PST 2012

On Jan 23, 7:16 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:

>      (Another aside:  I'm on record as saying that I think of
> Cheesecake-Eater Lad as the iconic heart of the LNH.  Now, LNH classic
> will continue on as normal.  But in the last half week I realised that
> in the hypothetical event that it was shut down, and all those orphaned
> writer characters from the early 1990s were placed off limits, I would
> feel compelled to write the occasional Cheesecake-Eater Lad fan.fic and
> post it on alt.comics.lnh.  Just because.  It was an odd moment of
> introspection and self-revelation.)

You know, I've never written Cheesecake-Eater Lad. Or most of the
canonical LNHers. I do have a brief scene with him in an issue I'm
writing (and I actually have had a little trouble getting him right),
but in general I'm drawn more to marginal characters, either ones that
have been largely unused or abandoned (like Ultimate Mercenary) or
supporting players who've never really had their own stories.

AJM