RACCIES: 2011 First Voting Ballot

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Feb 1 10:14:42 PST 2012

On 2/1/2012 2:59 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> Okidoke, nominations are closed.  Thanks to all who sent in their
> last-minute noms!  Now, on to the main event!  Vote like you were--
> <POLITICAL REFERENCE DELETED>

Hey, aren't we going to vote for this one too?  There are enough
candidates to be worth an actual vote, I think.

The Cheesecake Lad Award for TASTIEST RACC FOOD:

- Kermit Marshmallow Pops (Mike Kittyman says they're Kittylicious!)
- Sharkasaurus Rex Sushi (The Dharma Brothers say, Sushiriffic!)
- Crusher Joe's Sliced Corned Beef (Zombies "live" for it!)
- Spellbinder Magic Hostess Fruit Pies (Zombies just die for 'em!)

> As well, I've been noting some comments by the people who submitted
> ballots, and looking over the nomination statistics of the past few years.
> Most Improved Author hardly ever gets any nominations, and Image
> Testimonial Timepiece isn't far behind.  What do people think of these
> awards?  Are they coveted?  Are they at least fun to get?  Or should we
> banish them to the same void that Best Flamewar fell into?
>
> Here's two votes for you:
>
> On the nomination ballot for the 2012 RACCies, should we keep RACC18. MOST
> IMPROVED AUTHOR?

I'm not voting this year 'cause there's only one nominee and though I
can imagine how he might be worthy, I haven't read his work from before
this year.  I hope I might qualify some year, but how often does
*anyone* here really improve their work enough to notice?

> On the nomination ballot for the 2012 RACCies, should we keep THE IMAGE
> TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED)?

I still don't get what this thing you call "late" is.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.