SW10: Powernaut 2011 #20: I Recommend Mind Control!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Dec 23 18:32:36 PST 2012

This is the big one... Ellipsis vs. the Powernaut!  And there is a clear
winner in this episode!  Think of it as my Christmas gift to the world.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011c.htm#20

Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  Who'd Win #2: Eric X vs. Ellipsis vs.
the Powernaut(s)

Eric X: powerful and treacherous but not experienced. He has mimic
powers, plus a stockpile of the rare mineral which the Ellipses rely on,
plus lots of manna from public support. He may be the dealmaker in such
a battle.

Ellipsis: powerful, 20 years of experience, but his science powers may
work funny in Magic Land. Ellipsis been beaten up by people with
Powernaut-level powers before, but he's continually adding to his power
set. By now he can probably channel his energy aura into his body to
increase his damage resistance; I know I would if I were him. His most
powerful weapon against most people is mind control, but he usually
throws some energy blasts in as well. I'm told, a full-on assault by
Ellipsis is terrifying. But the last one of those may have been the
1990s. He's really not focused on combat. But he's a mutant supergenius
and can recall his combat skills really quickly.

The Powernaut(s)... together 70 years of experience, and a grab bag of
powers. The senior Powernaut had most of the powers one would associate
with Superman, while the 1968 version could probably access other powers
as he had need. The modern-day Powernaut may be able to channel the
powers of his predecessors. And don't forget, he's also carrying around
a Pentahedron, which is kind of like a Cosmic Plot Device.

Results are unpredictable, but full of offensive instead of defensive
powers. Any battle among these three will probably be over very quickly.

I know. - Archie Andrews