META/PRECOG: External Pages on Facebook

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Dec 16 18:34:38 PST 2012

As you probably know, my Powernaut pages have a Like button which links
to Facebook.  When I follow the button, I get an admin page.  Today on
that page I got this message...

Migrate Your Page

This is the administration interface for your webpage at
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005.htm. Because External
Pages have been deprecated this External Page can no longer receive new
likes and will soon lose its ability to publish to users that have
already liked the webpage. In order to continue gaining likes and
publishing to those users, you should convert the webpage into a
standard Facebook Page by clicking the 'Migrate Page' button below.

... uh, Facebook, am I reading this announcement wrong, or are you
saying you want me to publish Powernaut comics on your site instead of
mine?  Not gonna happen.  And I wonder how, say, the New York Times
feels about *its* Facebook like buttons no longer working.

I know. - Archie Andrews