SW10: Powernaut 2011 #17: The Next Level

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Dec 3 08:45:27 PST 2012

On 12/02/2012 10:55 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 03:31:57 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> Usually the title is obvious from the dialogue.  For this episode, I had
>> to go to the art to find it.
>>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011b.htm#17
>>
>> Next episode:  Powernaut 2011 Part 3!
>
> I have no idea what's going on. o.ov
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, outlines??

I actually have something ready.  I was going to publish it after next
issue, so as not to end Powernaut 2011 Part 2 with a big boring piece of
text.  But if it helps, I can move it.

Commentary by Wyatt Ferguson...  Who'd Win #1!  Leo vs. SHAJAM

This comes down to the source of the SHAJAM powers: Salome, Herodias,
Athaliah, Jezebel, Asherah, and the Medium of Endor. These are all
documented in the Bible, so history knows their powers and weaknesses.
Don't make me look up the references, or else I'll be preaching to you.

-    Salome, Herodias, Athaliah, and Jezebel were Israelite royalty.
They made their living by influencing kings. But vampires could probably
impress them, and warriors could overcome them.

-    Asherah was a goddess of the natives and the next nation over, so
it was multi-cultural and tolerant to let her in. There was even a
movement to let her marry Yahweh! (insert reference) Goddesses were
immune to warriors, and they probably *sponsored* vampires, but kings
could *and did* prohibit their worship.

-    The Medium (also known as The Witch) of Endor could summon
frightful spirits, even to terrorize kings - and probably warriors and
vampires too. But she in turn knew that kings could put her out of
business. Now, what's the most terrifying spirit she could possibly
summon? Probably the Spectral Torch - which is already working with her!
Good luck summoning anything else on short notice.

So it really depends on who fights whom. The evil queens and princesses
could neutralize kings. If Asherah and the Medium of Endor get going
without a king to restrain them, and the others restrain any kings in
the vicinity, watch out.