ASH: CSV Annual #3 - Zoo of Malice (by Tony Pi)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Aug 24 16:04:49 PDT 2012

On 8/20/2012 8:22 PM, Dave Van Domelen published:

>       Robert was torn.  He could tell Quenneville the truth about Montreal to
> save his team, though the grief-stricken man would never believe that the
> city was now stranded on Venus, kept alive by a precarious bubble.

This is the kind of thing I love to see in a superhero (or supervillain)
comic:  a world actually changed by the superhumans.  I would have
thought a publisher dedicated to fictional universes would have loved it
too.  Oh well, the world's loss.  Unless we share it from RACC.

I will say, the characters look kind of like they got tossed together in
a role-playing campaign.  Publishers may prefer their master
supervillains without catchy one-word code names.  Even Victor von Doom
has *two* words in his codename.  I can totally see Conflicto picking a
short zippy name like "Conflicto", but I'm unclear on why the others put
up with him.  He seems more like a minion than a master.

Still, the story certainly had action and a proper level of silliness.
Well done.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.