HCC: HCC#31: Big Monster Battle!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Aug 14 16:39:37 PDT 2012

On 8/14/2012 2:21 PM, Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> In article <c42ff4a0-9710-4674-a886-2caf06dfe10a at wk9g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
> EDMLite  <robrogers72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks to my recent illness (hooray for the common cold!) I'm a week
>> late on acknowledging the nominees for the 31st High Concept
>> Challenge, "Big Monster Battle!"  Which means everyone had an extra
>> week to post stories.
>>
>> However...
>>
>> The only story I've been able to find so far that aspires to the
>> challenge is Dave's wonderful Coherent Super Stories #29, featuring
>> Iguana Jack.  Now, I'm perfectly happy to anoint Dave the winner...
>> but are there other entries I might have missed?
>
>       Superhuman World 2011: Endgame #1 by Scott Eiler was also submitted for
> HCC #31.
>
>       Dave Van Domelen, not sure if there was another unlabeled entry, but
> SW11's entry does have the HCC tag and shows up as such on
> http://wil.alambre.ca/racc/

Thank you, Dave; that was indeed an entry.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.