[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #30: To Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Back Again, Part 6

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Apr 26 19:38:09 PDT 2012

On 4/25/2012 7:29 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> The Devil was a bit concerned about the wizard. Not that he believed
> whatever was angrily lurking in the dark would actually pose a threat.
> It was the early onset of insubstansibility. He knew the wizard was a
> fairly shallow individual, lacking little character beyond his powerful
> violence and sideways sense of justice, but he believed he had enough
> substance that it wouldn't manifest so soon. Would the idea of the
> wizard be enough to follow through to Quinto-hell?
> Ron was right. The Devil had expected the Language to turn on them, but
> not so suddenly. And not like this. This was twisted, this was perverse.
> Something was very very wrong!

Oooh, good plot points.

> "You are a surprising difficult concept to subvert," the Language
> hissed, entertained. "Most material beings unravel quickly when I abrade
> their character. Even the fiction of these underverses succumbed to a
> critical vivisectomy of their definitions."

... Now this is a lot like my usual writing.  Is the Secret Living
Language evolving to fit its hellish environment?  8{D>

> "What fresh triple-hell is this?" the Language demanded, trying to lift
> its legs and step away from the still moving creature. It was as large
> as the car, vaguely canine in shape, with short powerful legs and a
> gigantic, barrel-shaped torso. Its massive broad shoulders branched out
> in nine individual necks, all with a vicious tooth-filled doberman head
> at the end. It was terribly scarred, all of its fur burned away. Its
> legs were bent the wrong way, broken and twisted, but it still used them
> painfully to try to wrap itself around the statue's legs, looking for
> comfort and protection. Its whines were desperate and sad.

I actually re-read that paragraph several times just to enjoy it.  I
particularly like the wounded hell-creature acting like a beaten puppy.

> The statue growled, the coal eyes brightened fiercely. It lifted at cab
> above its head menacingly and stared at the creature, intent on taking
> its concept and crushing the stone remains.

I suppose if I were Megadusa I'd stare first.  But I'd stomp the wounded
hell-creature second, if only it would let me move my legs. 8{D>

Well done.  But while you weren't looking, the Powernaut made it to *31*
episodes!

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.