META/LNH: And what was your favorite SW10 year?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Apr 23 18:23:41 PDT 2012

On 4/22/2012 7:37 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> My favorite alternate history idea I'd like to explore someday is what
> if Tecumseh had actually succeeded in setting up Prophetstown and won
> the Battle of Tippecanoe. (This is actually local history for me,
> since I'm a Hoosier.) From what I remember this was closer to
> happening than you'd think--Tecumseh couldn't reach the final battle
> in time and his brother Tenskwatawa, while an inspiring spiritual
> leader, was not that great of a strategist. If he had made it they
> could have stood much more of a chance. Surprisingly, I can't think of
> any work that's explored this.

Surprisingly, I can't think of any posts on soc.history.what-if which
explored this either.  Not that I've been to look, mind you, because
that would be procrastinating...

> AJM (what if I stopped procrastinating?)

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.