META/LNH: And what was your favorite SW10 year?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Apr 19 18:12:45 PDT 2012

On 4/19/2012 5:39 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:33:07 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
> I had a dream last night where I made a magic circle and teleported into a
> dystopian nation (sort of like North Korea or the worst days of the USSR,
> but with about the ethnic makeup of the USA - and apparently sharing a
> border with it!?) in order to rescue a guy and his son.  But when I was
> there, I couldn't pull off the ritual to teleport back, and quickly found
> out they were supressing it.  So I had to go on the run, bringing the kid
> along with me, evading the soldier types and eventually making it to the
> border - apparently there were some US soldier types who where
> investigating this abandoned factory, not knowing that it was actually some
> kind of deathtrap, and I got out with them.
>
> Also?  Apparently, it was produced by Pixar, and was a semi-sequel to one
> of their other movies - about a sort of Kirby-ish bloop. (Who was also me,
> despite me being a tall and somewhat burly adult human earlier in the
> dream, and a sort of teenager version of myself later on.)

... My.  That's the kind of dream I used to have so often, I got tired
of putting them into stories.  Nowadays it would be a briefing from
National Security Adviser Wyatt Ferguson:

"The Mexican state of Sonora has broken loose from national authority.
Criminal cartels are in control; they specialize in kidnapping.  U.S.
soldiers and one teleporting superhuman raided there, and found evidence
of mystic activity."

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.