[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #29: To Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Back Again, Part 5

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 03:03:26 PDT 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:01:43 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> The ashen remains of the gorgon sunk into the circling river of molten
> rock and disappeared down the sinkhole in reality, pulled toward the
> punishments of Triple-Hell.

...hmmmm.  So, are they all down there now?  Since they died... or is being
conceptually eaten different? @.@

> The black mist didn't so much as give way this time as turn into a
> slicing cold rain, slashing down from an angry nighttime sky. The yellow
> taxi lurched into what looked like a swamp on fire, slammed violently
> off a petrified stump and skidded to a spinning stop in hot, sickly mud.

This is the best paragraph of description in the story.

> "Oi, you call that driving?" the Devil yelled up at cab driver, checking
> his scalp for wounds. "You could have split me head right open! What's
> wrong with you?"
>
> Ron put the car into park and turned off the sputtering engine. He
> managed a number of colourful curses before yelling back, "I am not
> responsible for the damn ride if any of you lot are going to be jumping
> out of the damn car before I bring it to a damn stop."

Heeheeheehee.  I like Ron.

> "That's what's happening to you. That's what's happening to the
> Language. You're becoming less real. It's becoming *more*."

Brrrrrr.  I see how you could get these two in a fight now.

> "That's Megadusa!" the wizard said deliberately, as if speaking aloud
> would cause the horror to dispel itself.
>
> "That's the Language!" the Devil corrected. "We were following her
> down... it must've been the tosser what jumped out early. It's taken
> her. It's stolen her and taken her and is going to do the same to here
> as it did above!"

Ohhhhhshi--

> The break I took from writing actually helped me out with that
> problem. By rewriting the last issue from scratch and making the
> Secret Living Language more of an up-front threat, the "missing
> middle part" suddenly became obvious.

Mmmmm, that's very helpful, that is.  My goodness but these cosmic battles
are wreaking havoc on a multitude of status quos.  Awesome.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, get in the car, it's a language!