rec.arts.comics.creative Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Apr 11 20:52:41 PDT 2012

On 4/8/2012 10:45 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 07:01:03 +0000 (UTC), Eagle wrote:
>
>> Now, all of the writing imprints.  Note that new ones of these pop up all
>> the time.  Entries marked with (*) are in danger of being retired due to
>> lack of activity.  If you have any changes, please mail eagle at eyrie.org.
>
> Y'know, I just realized; this list needs updated entries for LNH20, SW, and
> MV - as well as HCC in the 'general tags' section.
>
> Here's my crack at descriptions for two of the above:
>
> HCC: The High Concept Challenge, a continuous series of writing contests.
> Each round, the winner, chosen by reader vote, gets to pick the next
> round's concept.
>
> LNH20: On the LNH's 20th anniversary, a group of writers took it upon
> themselves to create a new world, based in everything they loved about the
> LNH, in the best spirit of comic book reboots!  LNH20 is just as friendly
> as the original, but easier to get into!  Hop right in, the adventure's
> fine!
>
> Also, you can probably put myself and Adrian as LNH20 contacts - that OK,
> Adrian?
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Scott, Wil, how about you guys?

SW10:  SW stands for Superhuman World.  10 is an annual tag.  The comic
has proceeded to 2011, but the tag has frozen at 2010 because that's
when the series really interacted with RACC.  Scott Eiler has written
the story of this universe since before 1991, but 1991 is when the
modern heroes of this series start.  His sources include adolescent male
power fantasy, superhero role-playing, comic-book satire, and dreams.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.