[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #28: To Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Hell And Back Again, Part 4

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:48:06 PDT 2012

>> She gave a slow nod that rested her head against the wall. "Deliver me
>> from the reasons why," she said with a desperate whisper. "I'll never
>> cry. I'd rather fly."
>
> I get the feeling that there's something to her speech pattern that I'm not
> quite getting.

Nothing too insidious. I happened to be listening to The Doors while writing, and the lyrics to "Crystal Ship" fit. Since the rest of the story was pretty dark, I tossed that in just to lighten it up a bit for myself.

>> "It shouldn't been this way," the Devil said. "It was scripted a
>> different way, but when the time came, we didn't act." The wizard turned
>> his head to look at the Devil and saw an expression of angry
>> understanding on the thin face.
>
> Hm.  I don't think I quite understand.

Just a note to myself from myself. The issue was literally written a different way, but because I dropped the ball and didn't do any writing for a couple months, when I finally came back to it, I decided to go in a different direction. The story acknowledges months have passed, with the Language taking advantage of the lapse, and the Devil is acknowledging this. Its pretty fourth-wall-y but I won't make it a habit :)

Wil Alambre