SW10/META: Where is Power City?

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 05:32:52 PDT 2012

On Apr 7, 8:12 pm, Scott Eiler <sei... at eilertech.com> wrote:
> On 4/7/2012 6:11 PM, Martin Phipps wrote:
>
> > On Apr 8, 5:57 am, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:
> >> Fans of the Powernaut may have noticed the current adventure takes place
> >> in Power City.  I figured that would be a safe fictional name for a
> >> city, kind of like Metropolis.  But it turns out that (like Metropolis)
> >> there actually is a Power City.  When I tried to tell Facebook that the
> >> Powernaut was from there, it told me where the real city was.  I've been
> >> to Power City without realizing it!
>
> > Well, there is a Power City in Korba, Chhattisgarh, India.  I found it
> > on Google Maps.  It isn't really a city though: it's just a
> > residential area.
>
> I think the Power City I found is like that too.  It's in the U.S., though.

Hmm.

There's a Power City on Facebook.  It's in Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/power-city/289798447741546

It's listed as a "business" though.

There are plenty of three businesses in Washington State known as
"Power City Electric" and there's a Power City Yoga and Dance in
Malaysia.

Wait... you live in Washington, don't you?  Bothell, huh?  That's near
Seattle.  Hmm...

The three Power City Electrics are in Spokane, Pasco and Clarkson.
They are all pretty far from where you live.

Oh, here: Power City, Hermiston, Oregon 97838  Doesn't look like a
residential area.  I googled and there's a Power City Motor Sports and
a Power City Auto Sales so it's mainly industrial.

Anyway, that's probably what you had in mind seeing as how you said
"Power City" and not "Power City Electric" and you specified the
U.S. :)

Martin