META/LNH: And what was your favorite LNH year?

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:49:41 PDT 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:01:26 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> My favorite year, without question, is this one.

Woooooo!

> I defintely look back
> with fondness on the days when I first started writing, when it seemed
> like the LNH was having a resurgence after a long fallow period.
<snip>
> 2006, when I came back after what I thought then was a long bout of
> inactivity, was good too:

2002 and 2006 were both good years, and resurgences of LNHiness that
subsequently died down.  So far, tho, the current burst of activity seems
to have a bit more momentum.

> There are definitely things I miss a lot about the old days of RACC. I
> miss Jamie Rosen, who was generally a class act as well as a good
> writer. Jamie was the first person who ever offered feedback on one of
> my stories.

God yes.  Come back, giant robot!

> I miss 8fold as an imprint, and while I'm very happy with
> the course the LNH is taking right now, I wish we had some more non-
> LNH activity as well.

It's weird that we had so many other imprints prospering, but when the LNH
started revving up again, several of them dropped off.  Scott's still going
strong, though, which is heartening, and we've been getting excellent stuff
from Dave all across the board.

> I even miss Jesse Willey. He always had
> interesting ideas, even though his stories were so incomprehensible at
> times it was hard to make them out.

It's true.  And I've dropped insults on Jesse in passing in the past, I
know, but I take them all back.  He's no class act, but he's definitely an
interesting writer.

> But for all I miss those who've gone, I'm very excited about the
> course things are taking right now. LNH20 has opened up new approaches
> for a lot of us in our writing and galvanized our community. I've been
> writing more than I have in years.

Me too! <3

> We've also had a lot of good ideas
> for reaching out to new audiences and reconnecting with old writers,
> and although that seems to have fallen by the wayside now that we're
> all so busy, I hope we can start thinking about that again once summer
> starts.

Heck, why wait?  Let's do it right now!

> In the years since I joined, there's never been a better time
> to be on RACC.

Agreed. 100% agreed.

> AJM (I wonder if I'll live to see Saxon resolve the Chinese Guy
> storyline :P)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, now that would be a Christmas miracle.