META: RACCcon 1012: On the naming of beds...

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 19:44:36 PDT 2012

Alas, RACCcon 1012 was cancelled due to Mael Morda's rebellion against
Brian Boru in Ireland..

Oh, wait you mean RACCcon 2012!  :)

On 4/3/12 6:42 PM, Saxon Brenton wrote:
> Right then.
>
> I'm feeling a bit tired because of the preparations for the UTS
> Library's Edible Book Festival event. (I think that my electric
> sheep shaped cake was passible.) Now that that's out of the way,
> let's get down to business with the RACCcon.
>
> I went to the travel agent and made bookings and payments yesterday,
> and should be getting the paperwork for tickets and insurance next
> week. I'll email Rob the exact details when those arrive in my hot
> little hands.
>
> However, in the meantime I want to make an announcement for room
> availability. Inspired by Scott's generous offer to help fund
> any travellers-on-a-budget, I decided to book a room with two beds
> rather than a single. This was not a big deal; it's actually
> slightly cheaper by a few tens of dollars to get the double room
> with two queen beds rather than the single with one king.
>
> Anyway, I throw this open to any RACCcon possible participants
> who may be wavering on issues of cost: I have a double bed room
> booked at the Best Western Heriatge Inn in Benicia for Thurs 28 June
> 2012 to Sat 7 July 2012. I am willing to share this with any regular
> rec.arts.comics.creative participant for between no cost to token
> cost (in the unlikely event of multiple 'starving writers in a
> garrett' putting in for this, priority should probably go to the
> most cash-starved RACC.con.teer). Same limitations as for Scott's
> offer: person must have posted a story to RACC in the last year.

I probably should take this offer, since I really need to be saving
money... so if no other RACC'r is interested in taking it, I'll happily
take it... if others are interested out there I'll just probably get my
own room.

I'd be there for only four nights (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon) and would be
willing to pay half the costs for those nights.

> ---
> Saxon Brenton
> Reading: Just finished 'I Sould My Soul On eBay: Viewing Faith
> Through An Atheist's Eyes' by Hemant Mehta

Arthur "Reading: Confessions of a Crap Artist - PKD" Spitzer