LNH: Deja Dude lnhq.info entry

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:10:27 PDT 2012

On Apr 3, 12:35 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think we could extend this analysis to villainous characters.
> Everybody sees themselves as a hero.  Nobody sees themselves as a
> villain.

I find that I often admire the villainous characters I write more than
the heroes.  They're often motivated to take extraordinary steps
to accomplish their goals, whereas I can't usually be bothered to
sign a petition, show up for a volunteer drive or even read
e-mail from causes I admire.

For example, Lich Nixon (from a recent story in LNH Comics Presents)
really believed that his actions were in the best interests of the
country,
and could help bring about a lasting world peace.  Charlie Hustle, as
a time traveler, knew that he could avert a series of disasters by
persuading the LNH to assassinate the President.  Mynabird sincerely
believes that the world would be a better place without Easily-
Discovered Man Lite, whom he sees as a genocidal maniac.

And in all three cases, it's possible they might be right.

This isn't to say that the heroes I write are terrible people.  But
their motivations tend not to be as noble as the villains'.
Easily-Discovered Man is out for a grand adventure, while
Easily-Discovered Man Lite just wants to collect a paycheck
and stay out of trouble.

Then again, a really powerful hero who was motivated to change
the world for the better might be awfully difficult to distinguish
from a villain...

--Rob Rogers
--Always finding new ways to justify his apathy